Monday, January 9, 2023

The Power of a Thought and How it Can Immediately Change Your Energetic Self

When I was being trained in Medical Qigong at the Chine Medicine School, each of us were required to give Qigong treatments on our fellow students. At my very first practice session with a fellow student, I had her lay on her back on the treatment table and I proceeded to do what is called a flat palm assessment. This is used as a tool in the assessment process where you use your palm and slowly and methodically guide it over the patient's body and mentally focus your mind to pick up any sensations in this scanning process.  

As I slowly guided my flat palm over her supine body, I suddenly fell onto her and had to catch myself to stand upright again. It was such a surprise, but I got back in the assessment mode of sensing and carried on. But NOW I was seeing visual images in my mind of her playing outside with some little children who appeared to be hers. I knew she did not have any children. But then I noticed she seemed older than being in her early 20's - she looked like she was in her mid 30's. I also could sense she was NOT an acupuncturist but was a midwife.

At the end of this Qigong session we chatted and shared what each of us experienced in this practice Qigong medical treatment. She told me that after a few seconds into this Qigong medical treatment, her thoughts changed and she thought, "I'm going to be totally open in this Qigong session".  This was when I 'fell on her" - the normal barriers of protection were now down and caught me unaware. The result was me falling onto her and into her energetic space. 

I also shared what I experienced in this session and how it seemed I saw her as her future self when she allowed me fully into her space. She admitted she had a strong desire to be a midwife. This was something I didn’t know.

This experience during this Qigong session showed me the power of thought in real time. She had a thought to open up, which immediately happened, and the result was I was able to fully ‘read or receive’ her Qi and energy. It was a validation to the phrase "where your mind goes is where the Qi goes".  

Our thoughts are powerful. Thoughts are where everything begins or changes.

No comments: