Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Creating our Own Wine Blend at the Montgras Winery in Chile

We went wine tasting in Chile and at the Montgras Winery, we had a rather unique experience. We did our own BLENDING. In other words, we became a modified type of wine maker!

We were each given a glass of Merlot, Carmenere, and Syrah. We then tasted each glass and then were supposed to create our own BLEND. We were provided an apron, measuring flasks, calculators, and writing material to do our calculations and testing to see what percentage of each wine we wanted in our own personal blend.

After we decided the percentages, we were given a new bottle and had to then determine how much of each wine was needed for a full bottle and poured the different percentages into our own personal bottle.  Next we had to cork the bottle, seal it, and label the wine.


My blend was 80% Merlot, 10% Carmenere, 10% Syrah. I named this wine “Betheepoo".
Later I discovered no one wanted to even taste my wine, which leads me to believe I need to try a different name next time I'm mixing up a brew. 

No comments: