Sunday, August 14, 2016

Beat Bugs - a Cartoon a Grandparent can also Love

If you are a grandparent who grew up with the Beatles, you should know about this new kids cartoon series on Netflix called "Beat Bugs." The stories use songs like “Help!,” “All You Need Is Love,” “Come Together,” “Penny Lane,” “Yellow Submarine,” “Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds,” “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” and “Magical Mystery Tour.”

As soon as the first cartoon started I thought "WHAT? Hey, I know this song!" and started to sing along. The kidlets looked at me like I was from another planet, but hey, part of what they have to learn in life is to suck up grandparent weirdness and just go with the flow. So, I continued singing along, enhancing to the quality of the cartoon.


What is also surprising, is the cartoon series uses singers you probably know. I was amazed to hear P!NK, Sia, and Chris Cornel - all of who are part of my favorite artists - which was pretty cool, too - especially since these artists already "know" what I can bring to their renditions of music.

Netflix also recently announced they are next creating a new season using Motown songs from Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, The Jackson 5, Lionel Richie, The Supremes, The Temptations, Stevie Wonder.  Now, THAT will be something to look forward to.

No comments: