Thursday, August 27, 2015

Kombucha Update

The other day I made Kombucha. I've been waiting until I could force myself to try this new creation. Well, today was the day. The heat was awful and I was dying of thirst, so it was easier to talk myself into taking a swig.  So I swigged. And didn't die.

This kombucha batch was made from kefir rather than a scoby. It didn't taste at all like the stuff you buy in the store; it wasn't very sweet nor was it bubbly. It tasted rather homemade, kind of like something you may find on the set of Little House on the Prairie, which is better than the set of Little Shop of Horrors, but still nothing to shout about. So it was a win, but not a very big win.


I have since purchased a REAL scoby so next time I'll follow the recipe exactly and see if I can become master of the Q-Kombucha domain. 

No comments: