Saturday, February 22, 2014

Good bye Amos

Amos, I hate to say it, but it's over between us.
I loved many of your songs, especially

  • Red Violin
  • Arms of a Woman
  • The Wind
  • Southern Woman

I was one of the first to buy a ticket to your concert and couldn't wait to be swooned by your soulful music.

But then, at your concert, I wondered who you were? Most of the songs you sang were the songs I fast forward through on your albums. I couldn't believe those were the songs you were promoting. When you finally sang one of MY songs, you changed the rendition so it was no longer soulful. There was absolutely no passion and emotion in the song and you infused a staccato up-beat tempo that told us you were bored with the song. I actually hated this ad lib rendition.

So, my dear Amos, I realized during the concert you and I were not going to make it as a couple and left. I had become victim of the old bait and switcheroo and I am going back to my number one man; David Gray. So good bye, Amos. It was a short, sweet, ride.