Friday, December 27, 2013

Pineapple Corer

I am learning to cook so slowly am acquiring nifty new gadgets to help me conquer the kitchen. I recently received a gadget called the WanJie Pineapple Corer-Slicer so began learning how to conquer this fruit.

To begin, I cut off the top of the pineapple and placed the corer on the top of the cut pineapple.
I then began twisting the corer through the pineapple.  I thought this part would be difficult, but it isn't. It went pretty fast.


Then, I just lifted it up, and the fruit came out in one big lump!
Pretty cool, huh?


I now had rings of pineapple and a shell.
I know Martha Stewart would probably do something amazing with the shell, but I'm still on Cooking 101, which means it will probably get tossed in the compost.



It was so easy, next time I'll probably not even need the instructions and may even have some idea of what to do with the cute pineapple shell.