Thursday, December 5, 2013

Next Life Stage - Strange Hair

We all know that as we age, we pass through certain events and just have to muster through it until it is over and done with.

Like puberty.
And menopause.

I recently started to notice my hair getting freaked out in the middle of every day for the past two weeks. For some reason, my lovely locks will come to attention around the noon hour, almost as if each strand of hair has been plugged into an electrical outlet. The end result is an immediate an unfamiliar new "do" that stretches towards the ceiling as little sparks of energy make noises with each head movement.

It is embarrassing.  And annoying.

I've concluded this must be the last big event of my female hormones, almost as if they are trying to give me a nice send off before they completely shrivel up like raisins and disappear into the ethos.

Needless to say, if you see me and wonder what has happened to my hair and why the hell it is standing on end and little crackle noises are coming out of my head ....well, just ignore it.  I am.