Thursday, July 25, 2013

Next Generation of TV

I recently gave up normal TV. No more cable. No more dish. I now have Apple TV.  With Apple TV you have access to any digital content from the iTunes Store, Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube, Flickr, iCloud, MLB.tv, NBA League Pass, NHL GameCenter, or any Mac OS X or Windows computer running iTunes on high-definition widescreen television.   Anything digital will run on this system.

I love listening to my music or watching TED talks, the news, or a Podcast while I'm on the treadmill. Downtown Abby is even available, too. I even purchased the Showtime series "Homeland" from the iTunes store and then watched it on my Apple TV.

Apple TV costs around $100 for the box (a one-time purchase) and if you want current TV shows, you can get Hulu for about $7.00/mo, which will keep you updated with The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. I'm really liking not having to pay those huge cable bills but still have the options for TV programs and movies I may want to see whenever I like.

So if you have been hesitant to change to this next generation of TV services, go ahead and jump in. It is easy to operate, not expensive, and pretty cool.