Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Perfect Spot to Just Chill Out

I stumbled upon the perfect place for an escape, or a secret rendezvous, or a place where you can write your next book; Shelter Cove, CA.

I can't believe I had never heard of this place, nor ever discovered it until now.  You see, it is off a beaten path of the Avenue of the Giants (25 miles of giant redwood trees in Northern California) and goes to the Pacific Ocean coast where it dead ends.  There is only one way in, and one way out, so it is pretty secluded, but FABULOUS!

When you see the ocean, you're almost there.


There are a few hotels in town and a couple of restaurants.  I stayed at The Tides Inn, which was just a few feet away from the ocean.

The main activities at Shelter Cove are fishing, hiking, clam hunting, writing, or just chillin' out.  So that is what I did.  I chilled out on the deck of my room, watching the ocean...

and then watched the moon rise and then the sun set.  
It was pretty fabulous.