Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Immunizations for the Over 50 Crowd

I am on the road to becoming a grandparent and am learning about all the new rules for this job. For example, you are expected to NOT get your grandkids sick.

Soooooo,
you have to be proactive and get your vaccinations up-to-date.

The CDC recommends that "Adults 19 years of age and older who didn't get Tdap as a preteen or teen should get one dose of Tdap. Getting vaccinated with Tdap at least two weeks before coming into close contact with an infant is especially important for families with and caregivers of new infants.

I went to my health care provider and got all my updates on immunizations.  I am now current with my Tdap (tetanus, diptheria, and pertussis -or whooping cough) along giving me a polio shot and some pills for typhoid so I could do international travel.

My arms are nice and sore where they shot me with those little vaccinated microbes, but it will be worth  the pain once I get to hold that little critter in my arms.