Thursday, March 7, 2013

"Let's Try Burdock!" she said....

There is a company in the Bay Area of California called Planet Organics who delivers organic food to your doorstep.  They purchase their food from local farmers, so the food is seasonal, besides being organic and fresh.

I love the program and every once in awhile come across something that sounds rather exotic. This week there was a new food on their website I had never heard of before.  It was called BURDOCK.  It was touted as being GOOD FOR YOU, and since I'm on this health kick, I thought I MUST try it!

I opened the home delivery package and was rather surprised Burdock looked like something very dead.  It is a root...a very brown, and earthy. It looks like it should never see the light of day, but here it was, laying on my kitchen counter in the sunlight.

It almost looked in pain.

Now I need to figure out how to prepare burdock and who I can serve it to.  :-)

2 comments:

Kasey said...

You are very brave. How was it?

Another-Q said...

It was "interesting"....
I shredded the root, blanched it, and then added it to stir fry. It was "OK"....definitely healthy. :-)