Friday, September 21, 2012

Controlling that Damn Sugar Craving

One day I decided to eliminate all sugary temptations in my home, which meant I needed to go  through all my cupboards and toss out anything with sugar or corn syrup into the garbage can.

Wham, bam, thank you mam!  My house was now temptation free.

Soon, reality came back and I started to have one of those sugar cravings that make you nuts.  I went back to every cupboard, nook, and cranny.  NOTHING!  There was absolutely no vices to be found.

BUT
I did find a tube of Mountain Dew lip balm I had received as a gift and for whatever reason had put it in my cupboard of medicines.  I yanked this tiny can of lip balm open to see if there was anything inside to satisfy that damn sugar craving.

Ahhhhhh!  It smelled just like Mountain Dew.
I rubbed it gently on my quivery desperate lips.
WOW, it even TASTED just like Mountain Dew!!
It was the sweetest thing I had ever had on my lips.  EVER!

I kept on rubbing in on my lips, then licking my lips clean of that lovely taste and smell.
My lips started to get chapped from all the licking, but, it helped me live through that damn sugar craving.

I now keep that tube of lip gloss with me at all times.

Who knew that the taste of fake sugary goodness could prevent me from really going nuts?  Maybe it even helped prevent me from killing someone just for a cookie!?

******
Now,
in honor of Sugar Rushes every where,
here is Sugarrush with one of my favorite songs.
It can't help but get you over your own sugar cravings.

No comments: