Friday, November 18, 2011

CURRIED CHICKEN & BROCCOLI CASSEROLE

We had a potluck luncheon at work and I was going to bring my usual item, which is something exotic (aka quick and easy) from the grocery store.  You know, like potato chips.  But this time I was challenged to bring something that I cooked.  I think this is because I look like I came from the generation where women knew how to cook and clean.  But that is a different story.

So I gave into the peer pressure and went shopping for ingredients that could easily be thrown together in a crock pot.  I made Curry Chicken Broccoli Casserole and it was a big hit.

Here is the recipe:

Fresh broccoli, chopped in bite-size pieces
1 lb. cooked chicken (boneless)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 c. mayonnaise
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 -1 tsp. curry
Flavored bread crumbs or small bite-size pieces of bread toasted in butter
Shredded cheddar cheese

Cut up broccoli and layer on bottom of casserole dish. Mix together in side bowl: chicken soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry. Cut up chicken into small chunks and layer over broccoli. Pour sauce over chicken and broccoli. Top with flavored bread crumbs or toasted bite size bread crumbs. Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. 
OR
mix all ingredients together and put it into a crock pot and cook on high for about 2 hours.
******
My kitchen is still a mess, but hey, I proved I can still follow a recipe and throw a bunch of things into a crock pot which will magically turn into what looks like a home cooked meal.   Yes, I'm from that generation where our motto was "I am woman, hear me roar'....and then in the faint distance, you hear a faint meow. But hey, that is how some of my generation turned out.

4 comments:

Kathy G said...

I think I may have to try this recipe :-)

AnotherQ said...

I hope you'll enjoy it. I haven't found anyone who doesn't like it. :-)

Anonymous said...

I think Grant and I will try it too, sounds yummy. I'll have to organtify it though :) ;)

Amander said...

Mmmmm! And I love crock pot recipes. Thanks for posting.