Friday, March 11, 2011

Sleep in the Dark

Studies are now showing those who consistently sleep in a very dark (blackened) room enjoy better health. In fact some cancer researchers are now saying sleeping in this type of dark room can event prevent cancer.

Pretty amazing, huh? Something so simple may help prevent health problems.

So,
Close the curtains.  If you can get curtains that prevent light from coming into your bedroom when closed, get them!  Also, don't sleep with the TV on. Or a computer  Or any electronic gadgetry. Do what you can so the room where you sleep is light free.

Who knew that something so simple could impact your health so much?

3 comments:

Dan said...

Helen uses a sleeping mask. It is very Zsa Zsa Gaborish.

Amander said...

Oh, I believe it! I don't even like to have the light of the alarm clock facing me.

I think that's one reason I don't like Spring. It starts to get sunny so early - my room is bright by 5:30 AM.

AnotherQ said...

Dan,
Helen is always sooo classy and is always ahead of her time. :-)

Amander,
You are very wise. :-)