Here is one of Grandma Shirley's recipes that is at every family gathering and holiday event. It is one of our favorites because it is so easy to prepare (even for me) as well as remember because all the ingredients are in two's.
Clam Dip (or the Two-Fer Dip)
- 2 (6-1/2 ounce) cans of chopped clams (drained)
- 2, 8 ounces Cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 fresh lemons
- Optional: finely chopped onions or onion salt, or minced garlic or garlic powder
- Drain the clams in a strainer, reserving the liquid.
- Put the cream cheese in a bowl.
- Add the clams and lemon juice.
- Blend well (the mixture will be stiff.).
- Gradually add clam juice (about 2 tablespoons at a time) until the dip has the consistency you want.
- Add onion &/or garlic if desired.