Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Her Fearful Symmetry

I loved the book "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger, but her new book, "Her Fearful Symmetry", well, it was not what I expected. I can't recommend it. It was too bizarre, even for me, and that is saying a lot.

I love creative ideas and stories, but they have to be somewhat believable. This story was just too weird.

I really tried to like it especially since I LOVED the "Time Travelers Wife", but I couldn't even get to the point of liking any of the characters in the story and I HATED the ending. Yes, hate is a strong word, but that is how I feel.

I just couldn't believe someone could be dead (in London), have family fly from Chicago to London (that is what, at least a full day), then have a funeral (another day perhaps?), and THEN have the dead person come back to life with no brain damage or ill affects what-so-ever.

Sorry. I just couldn't believe it. The TV series "LOST" was even more believable than this story, and that story was WAAAAY more bizarre (but at least we ended up liking the characters).

So no, I'm not recommending the book, "Her Fearful Symmetry". Sorry Audrey.

No comments: