If this is your first visit, you should do and see these:
IN SAN FRANCISCO
- See and walk the Golden Gate Bridge
- Visit China Town
- Ride the cable cars
- Take the 2 hour tour at Alcatraz Island and then come back and meander around Fisherman’s Warf. Have some chowder in a sour dough bread bowl.
- Go down Lombard Street
- Put your toes in the cold Pacific Ocean
- Visit Golden Gate Park and spend time in the new and fab Science Museum
- Stroll around Haight Ashbury and return to the 60’s where there was paisley, free love, and rock-and-roll
- See the giant redwoods at Muir Woods. (Go either before 10 am or after 5:00 pm if you want to avoid the crowds)
- Visit the little artsy town of Sausalito and have a meal on the shore line looking towards San Francisco
- Go wine tasting in Napa, Sonoma, the Russian River, Anderson Valley
- Visit the Marine Headlands, the Point Lobos Lighthouse, the Nike Missile Site
- Rent a kayak and paddle around the calm waters at Point Reyes and see the jelly fish
- Visit Mendocino and see where Alfred Hitchcock filmed “The Birds”. Have some of the local cheeses, wine, and the fresh fish catch of the day.
- Tour the Safari West wild animals in Santa Rosa
- Visit UC Berkeley
- Tour downtown Oakland and see the art deco of the 50's
- See where Rosie the Riveter originated in Richmond
- If you love cars, you must visit the Black Hawk auto museum in Danville
- See where John Muir lived in Martinez
- Take the Jelly Belly candy tour. It will help you give up sugar for at least a week.
- Visit the Computer History Museum in Mountain View. It is amazing.
- Visit Stanford in Palo Alto and breathe the air of some pretty smart people.
- Take the wacky tour of the Winchester House in San Jose and feel good you are not that crazy
- See silicon valley and drive by Google, Apple, Oracle and where the world changed.