Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Break in the Bay

My sister is visiting me in the Bay area of CA so we did some touristy things, like touring around Sausalito. In the 1970's, Sausalito's mayor was Sally Stanford, who also owned a bordello in San Francisco. She was known as "Mustang Sally", and even though the original song was about a car, most of us think of this beloved mayor when we hear the verse "ride, Sally, ride".

My sis and I enjoyed lunch at the famous Scomas restaurant, with its fantastic view of San Francisco.
We then went to the beach where the waves were wild and the shore was covered in artistic sea foam.

Spring break in the bay area....you just can't beat it.

2 comments:

Amander said...

It looks so lovely there! Makes me wish I never had to work and I could just play by the ocean all day.

AnotherQ said...

Hey,
Didn't you just get back from the beach?? In Hawaii?? lol