Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spermatozoa

People who work in health care often have weird senses of humor. I think it comes from dealing with life and death situations and sometimes the only way to release the stress is with bizarre humor. I mean, who would ever think of creating a stress ball to resemble a sperm?


One of my colleagues brought back some swag from a conference and mentioned I needed help reducing my stress. A new and improved stress ball was presented amidst laughter, cheers, and a few blushes.

The spermatozoa is now proudly displayed on my computer as if waiting for launch. Because life expectancy with sperm is not very long, for now having it displayed where I can look at it throughout the day helps remind me what is important in life....

Sex.
Oh, I mean laughter!

6 comments:

Amander said...

I think doctors probably have similiar sense of humours to counselors/psychologists. The things we laugh about most people would think we were the ones who were mentally ill!

AnotherQ said...

I think you're right!

Kathy G said...

A "drug salesperson" friend of mine used to carry around a 2" long male organ that she got as swag somewhere.

AnotherQ said...

Kathy...
It sounds like the drug people may be more bizarre than I thought!

Dan said...

It looks white. I always thought these things were either pink or blue.

AnotherQ said...

Dan, you're right...that is the color they eventually bloom into.