Monday, February 8, 2010

Artichoke and Crab Dip

Yesterday I used my brand new oven and made this delightful artichoke and crab dip to serve at our Super Bowl party:

Hot Artichoke and Crab Dip
1 frozen package of non-marinated artichokes;chopped
1/3 cup crab meat
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup Parmesan cheese

Mix and pour into a buttered dish. Cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

I timed it so when the other football nuts arrived we could have some yummy dip to go with our fantastic Acme sour dough bread. I doubled the recipe, put it in the glass pan, then slipped my new treasure in the oven to bake. Shortly before the guests arrived, smoke was billowing from my new oven. I had overstuffed the pan and the melted Parmesan cheese had some how jumped out of the pan to make a huge puddle of grease on the bottom of my lovely oven. The grease was now smoking up the entire house.

My guests soon arrived to a house filled with smoke. But the crab dip was to die for! And we almost did.

3 comments:

Amander said...

I had wondered how your crab dip went! I'll have to try that some time. I LOVE crab and artichokes!

Kathy G said...

Sounds wonderful. I've had artichoke dip, but never with crab added to it.

AnotherQ said...

It is pretty yummy. People now think I can cook!
(Or maybe they said "ahhhh... I can tell by the smoke that you cooked.)