Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Astronaut's Cookbook

Are you looking for new ways to jazz up your meals? Are you tired of Hamburger Helper or Microwave Delight? Do you want to have perfectly balanced and nutritious meals?

I'm always looking for new adventures and when I saw this innovative cookbook, the "ASTRONAUT'S COOKBOOK," well, I was intrigued.

The authors are Charles T. Bourland and Gregory L. Vogt. They are former astronauts. Men. Scientists. Not professional chefs. Nor are they French.

This is what Amazon says about this cook book:
  • This book allows anyone with a normal kitchen to prepare space food (Well, that means me! I have a new normal kitchen just waiting to be used.)
  • This book will be of interest to anyone wanting to taste and serve space food, chefs making special meals, and anyone with a general interest in food and space. (I'm interested in space and food! This sounds perfect!)
My thoughts continued, "if an ASTRONAUT can cook in space where there is NO KITCHEN, there is NO GRAVITY, and there is NO AIR....this cooking MUST be easy! I may be able to pull this off!"

But then I read the small print snuggled and buried within one of the paragraphs....."there is no alcohol in U.S. space food systems".

I suddenly lost all interest and erased the book from my Christmas list. I do have some standards, ya know.

No comments: