Saturday, November 14, 2009

Learning How to Cook

Those who are seasoned cooks usually have lots of kitchen gadgets and know how to use them.

There are others who pretend to be cooks and have gadgets but don't know what to do with them.

And then there are others who don't own many kitchen gadgets at all.

I have some gadgets. I am in the "pretend-to-be-a-cook" category. But I only know how to use but a very few of the gadgets I have.

Take the pizza stone.
It is a stone.
A flat rock.
It is used to cook pizza.

I have been putting my frozen pizza on my pizza stone and then putting the stone and the frozen pizza in the microwave. Voila! A cooked pizza using a nifty kitchen gadget.

At my pizza cooking class I learned the pizza stone is for the OVEN. It is for oven use only.

I now know how to use one of my kitchen gadgets correctly. This gadget is a partner with the OVEN.

Maybe someday I'll make pizza from scratch and put the stone in the oven and cook the pizza on the stone in the oven.

Or not.

6 comments:

Amander said...

You really put it in the microwave?? That's classic!

AnotherQ said...

Nah, I would NEVER do that!
You know, they don't call me Quick Quist for NOTHING! ha ha ha

Dan said...

I looked it up:

ov⋅en  [uhv-uhn]
–noun
a chamber or compartment, as in a stove, for baking, roasting, heating, drying, etc.

So there you have it.

AnotherQ said...

So it doesn't say "a place where you place your stone to cook pizza"???

This probably means there are millions of others who are using their pizza stone for the microwave, too! :-)

ack said...

You know, before you do the from scratch thing, you could do a bridge step of a Papa Murphys pizza. They're pretty good, but i've never tried cooking one on a stone before. I usually just use the tray it comes on.

AnotherQ said...

LOL...so Papa Murphy can be a bridge? I would probably get stuck there. :-)