Monday, October 26, 2009

The Kitchen

We just finished remodeling the kitchen. Here is a "before the remodel" photo with JRQ, my son, who really is the only one who cooks in this house.

Here is that same view but with the new kitchen remodel. (Notice there is no one cooking.)

Here is the view to the left of the stove with a cool new black graphic deep sink and modern faucet.
To the right of the stove is the new stainless steel refrigerator that even crunches up ice cubes before spitting it through the door (which is my favorite part of this appliance).

I can't forget the new dishwasher that was purchased just because it matched the other appliances.

But you know what the very best part of the whole kitchen remodel is?
It is the new microwave.
It is SMART...I have no idea how it knows how to perfectly cook food, but it does. I signed up for a cooking class but now I'm thinking "Hey, I have a smart microwave that can figure how to cook. Why bother?"

8 comments:

Jake said...

This looks really nice, especially the ceiling.
Maybe I'll cook in it someday soon :)

Dan said...

Not only is your microwave cool, your entire kitchen is very cool. In fact, your kitchen is so cool it would be a shame to get it dirty by cooking in it. Like you, I love the ice cube feature. Congratulations.

AnotherQ said...

Jake and Dan,
Glad you guys like it. One of you will probably be the first to use it. :-)

Sam said...

Wow! I love all these pictures, your whole house looks amazing, Beth. It may have been a long journey to get all remodeled, but it looks fantastic.

AnotherQ said...

Thanks, Sam!
I understand that remodeling is like childbirth...eventually you forget how awful and painful the experience was and you begin to be just happy you not only survived, but also now have a new rooms. :-)

Anonymous said...

This room alone probably broke the bank. Nice frig. I want to SEE the microwave up close. You need to cook on that stove. Love the window over the sink - was there one there before? How hard is the black sink to keep clean? As someone who USES her kitchen, find a clean sink can set the whole tone of the room.

lazybuddhist said...

Wow!

I'm kind of speechless. It looks both stylish and functional. Congrats!

AnotherQ said...

The old kitchen was functional....I could spill things and it didn't bother me. Now I am paralyzed and don't dare even go into that room!!!