Friday, October 2, 2009

Ciao Lola

A few months ago I opened a new door…I introduced myself as Trixxxie while beginning a new work assignment. I did this because there were so many OTHER Beth’s on that same damn project. As a result, I now answer to both Beth as well as to Trixxxie. (I sometimes answer to “hey you” and sometimes “bitch”, but for now, let’s keep it simple and just say I have two given names).

Recently I have been on an exotic food, wine, and culture tour in Italy and during this experience I was introduced as Lola (yes, the same as “whatever Lola wants, Lola gets”). No one on the tour (except my good friend) could remember my REAL name so there I was in this exotic foreign land with a cool name and possible new personality just waiting to be cultivated and possibly misused (which I sometimes like to do).

I am now back home in beautiful Northern California and my personality can resume back to its more normal prim and proper position…that of being the voluptuous Goddess that I pretend to be AM.

So, ciao Lola. I'll call you back when I need to once again dance with a rose between my teeth while squishing grapes that will be someone's table wine...but looking very cool with my Murano necklace and earrings while the grape juice seethes through my delicately painted toes. And bunions. And corns.

12 comments:

Kathy G said...

What a great idea! I've NEVER answered to a pseudonym.

AnotherQ said...

Kathy G...
Trying on new pseudonyms is better than therapy. And much cheaper. :-)

Amander said...

Maybe I'll start giving my clients pseudonyms - see if it helps them out!

Amander said...

P.S. I actually love the name Lola!

AnotherQ said...

Amander,
let me know if using a pseudonym works for your clients...if it does, we could probably write a book and sell millions!!!

xxxoo
Lola

Anonymous said...

Lola, does this mean you no longer have a preference for Gamay? I could always pour it over my feet and put it back in the bottle for you.

AnotherQ said...

Dear Anonymous...
whatever can tease and perk up my succulent taste buds while sending me to another planet of ecstasy will work. And if that means pouring Gamay over some feet and then re-bottling it, well, as long as I couldn't still taste the socks or the corns, I would still probably consume it and give a special toast for a new dining experience. :-)

lazybuddhist said...

Welcome back to the land of the Beths. Sounds like you had a fab trip.

I think you need to lay off on pseudonyms for a while as you seem to have taken all the cool ones leaving me such the less desirable ones like Bertha and Mabel.

SherSchaaf said...

Thanks for sharing your trip & pix - it may be a very long time before I can get to Italy...but I felt like I was getting my own private tour through your blog!! thanks...glad you had a wonderful time.

AnotherQ said...

Lazybuddhist...
I think Bertha is a derivative for "Beth" so you can't have that one. So that means you may need to try Mabel. Or just accept you will always be known as the lazybuddhist. :-)

Sher...
I'm glad you enjoyed my Italy travelgram. I will share the unwritten sweaty hot tales at book club. So bring a fan! (Yes, it is that hot!)

Anonymous said...

When my mother was in college in the 40's she and her nursing school dorm mates all decided that they would take the names of famous strippers as their special group name. My mother lived out the rest of her life using the name Trixie. Sometimes these alter egos stick.
Bienvenidos a los Estados Undidos, Lola!
Love, Tundra

AnotherQ said...

Anonymous...
Thanks for your comments. I'm hoping the alter ego of "hot mama" sticks longer than my hot flashes. :-)