Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Becoming a Fake Foodie

Everyone on this trip is a "Foodie" but me. I am the only one who thinks Domnino's Pizza qualifies as Italian cuisine. People here know their herbs, their spices, and the different varieties of tomatoes. They can even tell EXTRA virgin olive oil from a regular virgin.

But at least I'm always surprised and loving what is placed in front of me. Many times I have no idea what I'm eating, but it is an adventure and always great.

Here are some photos from yesterdays meals.

GRILLED VEGIES ARE AVAILABLE AT EVERY MEAL, including breakfast.










BUFFALO MOZZARELLA, TOMATOES, BASIL, OLIVES - This is a typical lunch meal or appetizer.



















PASTA seems to be available at every lunch and dinner. Often it comes with seafood if you are on Italy's coast (which is where I am).














FRESH CATCH OF THE DAY - ANCHOVIES (yes, anchovies)














DESERT - TIRAMASU

This trip is an absolute kick in the pants. I am learning a lot about things I didn't know know about food, wine, and cooking and may even become a foodie by the time this trip is over. And if not, I will at least be able to talk the talk, and waddle the walk.

What a life!

No comments: