Sunday, May 31, 2009

Love - A Tribute to the Beatles

If you have a chance to visit Las Vegas, try and catch one of the Cirque du Soleil’s shows, “LOVE, a tribute to the Beatles". It is wonderful! It is being immersed in some great music (to delight your ears) and may even bring back some fond memories. But then combine this with the Cirque du Soleil's brand of performing art....well, it is a fantastic artistic and entertaining experience. It can be a wonderful magical mystery tour with movement, color, costumes, and stories, all the while listening to some of the great songs from the Fab Four. This experience takes music and performing art to a whole new level. It is truly magical.

I have a few favorite performances that I saw in the show. One was the “Octopus Garden”. In the past, I was not a big fan of that particular Beatles song, but after listening and immersing myself in this performance, this song now has a new place in my heart. For me, as I gazed on this garden of performers, I could almost feel that I was indeed gazing on special underwater garden of floating jelly fish gently and rhythmically gliding overhead to the music of "Octopus Garden".

The performance of “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” is also exquisite, as well as “Here Comes the Sun”. They were both rather radiant in how they combined this unique performing art form with this wonderful Beatles music.

Actually, it was all great!

If you get the chance to go to Vegas, see “Love, a tribute to the Beatles". It may also become one of your magical mystery tours.

2 comments:

Amander said...

I have to agree! I always liked the Beatles, but didn't love them, then I went and saw this show and fell in love. It was wonderful!

AnotherQ said...

Isn't it great to have swings like that? I think it makes life much more interesting.