Sunday, December 21, 2008

Kodachrome and Capital Reef

Today is the winter solstice and I traveled to Kodachrome basin. My plan was to take the dirt road to some out-of-the way places from long ago, but the road was snow packed so I took a detour and went to the state park instead.

Kodachrome Basin is a paradise of phallic rocks. I was the only one in the park and had a marvelous time.
After leaving Boulder and heading toward Capital Reef, the next significant area I found was a small little hiking trail called "Calf Creek". This area seemed rather special and so peaceful. I loved it!

And then the last stop was Capital Reef with a brief tour of petroglyphs and meeting the locals.

2 comments:

Amander said...

Looks like such a fun trip! Happy winter solstice :)

lazybuddhist said...

It looks really incredible. I love the look of snow - especially clean virgin snow - but the whole cold factor? Not so much.

But it sounds like it was a wonderful trip. One of these days, we'll have to discuss your fascination with rocks (and not just the phallic ones).