Sunday, December 28, 2008

As Simple as Snow By Gregory Galloway

I liked this book, As Simple as Snow. Some of those in our GNO book club thought it was "OK", so it got mixed reviews.

The book received an Alex award and is known for it's great first sentence. Here is the sentence....
"Anna Cayne had moved here in August, just before our sophomore year in high school, but by February she had, one by one, killed everyone in town".

That first line draws you in with a desire to learn more of this character. Anyway, it did me.

The construction of the story reminded me of the way Dan Brown, who wrote "The Da Vinci Code", put together mystery, magic, and clues. This author uses a similar technique but in a totally different genre (goth). So if you like mystery and intrigue, I think you will enjoy the book. In fact, I think it is one of those books that goes best when you can cuddle up in a blanket and read by a warm fire while it snows outside. It is "As Simple as Snow".

No comments: