Monday, November 17, 2008

Jell-O

Many of you know that Jell-O is the official snack food of Utah. In fact, more Jell-O is sold in Utah than in other state, particularly green Jell-o. This month I am reading my mother's journals and writing about the experience in the Nablopomo November writing event. And since my mother was from Utah, and she would often record that she prepared a Jell-O salad in her journal, I am sharing one of her favorite Jell-O recipes. This recipe was given to her by Jill Zollinger.

RED, WHITE, AND BLUEBERRY SALAD
In comparison, I would like to share one of California's famous Jell-O snack recipes.

JELLO SHOTS

3 packages of Jell-O containing sugar
2 1/2 cups vodka
3 1/3 cups water

Bring the water to a boil and remove from heat. Slowly stir in the Jell-O until dissolved. Wait 3 minutes, then stir in the vodka. Pour into individual shot-size cups and freeze.

(Obviously many of us wish this was the official California snack food but the competition with the California Raisins was just too great.)

2 comments:

Kasey said...

I wonder if I can combine these recipes to make the ultimate jello snack/shot.

Beth Quist said...

Because of your new combined recipe, I can tell that you lived in BOTH Utah and CA! ha ha ha