Monday, October 27, 2008

Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon

At one of our monthly book clubs, the Outlander series, by Diana Gabaldon, was recommended.

I admit that I put the book aside for awhile, and then Grant said it was one of his favorites as well. And Grant is a GUY! I read the first chapter and became hooked. When I finished Outlander I couldn’t wait to get the next book. And then I finished the next one, and jumped to next book in the series. There are five books in the series and each one was just as fulfilling as the previous adventure.

I swear that every woman I know who read these books fell into that "passion mode" and chased any man she saw, especially if they were wearing a kilt. And men reading these books experienced a surge of testosterone and chivalry, which also seemed to put that passion mode into an even higher gear. So if you are looking for a delightful escape over the holidays, try traveling back in time to Scotland with the Outlander series. It will take you to a different world; or one long lost.

No comments: