Friday, October 3, 2008

My True Love??

They say that if you take a piece of wedding cake and put it under your pillow, you will dream of your true love. And so that is what I did.

After attending a wedding I took some of that special and powerful cake home with me and carefully put it in a ziplock bag. I then placed the bag with those magical powers under my pillow and went to bed. The anticipation was palpable. I kept waking up through the night, but no dream.

In the morning I started to transition from that dream-like state and I had returned with a dream of Al Gore. It must be that Al is my true love!

So when Al came to the bay area to promote his book I stood in line to have my book signed at the Book Passage. When it was finally my turn, I gave him my book and stuck out my hand so we could begin with shaking each others hand. I mumbled that I met him in Utah years ago when I was the Women's Commission Chair and he said he thought he remembered me.

And that was good enough for me! His place was now permanent in my heart.

I have joined the other wedding-cake-true-love-dreamers who dreamed of their true love. I now pass this wisdom on to you to take your wedding cake home and place it under your pillow so you, too, can dream of your true love. Of course your dream may only result in a true-love one night stand...but still, sometimes that is enough.

2 comments:

Amander said...

Hm, Al Gore. At least you had a run-in with him.

I've never tried sleeping on wedding cake - I usually just eat it instead!

Beth Quist said...

You will need to try this next time you go to a wedding...and then let us know what happened!