Thursday, October 30, 2008

Flock of Crows on My Roof

I heard a noise coming from above my head while I sat in the den. It sounded like someone was walking on top of my house. And then I could hear tapping as well. And then what I thought were grunts. I went outside to see what was going on and I saw over 20 crows gathered on my roof. It appeared to be some kind of party. When the birds saw me looking up at them they started cawing and flitting their wings back and forth and flying back and forth from the house to the trees and then back to the house.

It was truly fun to have them exhibit so much life and animation in front of me. It almost seemed like a celebration of sorts, and if not that, at least a way of saying "hello". In a few minutes they gathered together their party gear and flew away. But what remained was a beaming smile on my face and a soft chuckle; another gifted delight.

2 comments:

The Crater Lake Hermit said...

Gee Beth, on top of all that entertainment you may have received an extra bonus and had your roof "re-tarred" for free.

Beth Quist said...

Maybe it was my new roof that attracted them to my place! Hmmmm