Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ghost Town (with Orange Tears)

I went to the Dr. and got some medicine for a UTI; a urinary tract infection. The pharmacist counseled me and said, “everything will turn pink after you start taking this… EVERYTHING. Not only will your urine be pink, but also your sweat and your tears. And make sure you DON’T WEAR WHITE!”

I was a bit nervous, but I thought “I can pull off pink”.

So imagine my surprise when everything turned bright ORANGE. I can’t wear orange! And especially not this fluorescent jail colored orange. My coloring chart is clearly winter. And orange is definitely summer!

Needless to say, I continued with my normal activities but shunned the wearing of white. I went to see the movie “Ghost Town” staring Ricky Gervais and Greg Kinear. The movie is a comedy about a man who almost dies and comes back and can now see dead people. It was funny, but also in a few places I cried. And yes, my tears were orange…..not pink. But they were a lovely shade of salmon. And I think I can safely pull off salmon.

2 comments:

LazyBuddhist said...

See, I told you, the meds make your urine fluorescent orange (though that is a small, small price for the relief they offer). I have not, however, noticed the tear thing. Makes me want to take some Uristat and then go watch a tear jerker - wearing black, of course.

Beth Quist said...

Yes, please check this out. It would be good to compare color schemes. :-)